Reef Renewal Foundation Bonaire (RRFB) is an NGO, non-profit organization dedicated to assist the recovery of deteriorated coral reef areas in Bonaire, using active coral restoration as a strategy to preserve and enhance the population of coral species, by:
- Propagating, outplanting and monitoring of genetically diverse corals
- Developing new and innovative ways to carry out reef restoration on larger scales supported by research and collaborations worldwide
- Training, engaging, and inspiring the community locally and internationally through outreach, volunteering, and educational events
We are seeking a passionate, motivated individual that shares our mission and is interested in joining a diverse and dedicated team. The Administrative & Finance Coordinator will report directly to both RRFB Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Board of Directors (BOD) and work closely with external Financial Controller and Accounting service, US Accountant, and the Bonaire & US Auditors.
In this role, the AFC will be responsible of:
- Keeps track of and reconciles incoming donations and funding, and regularly reports results to the Board of Directors
- Work with, reconcile, and generate reports with various Fundraising software: Donorbox, Stripe, PayPal, Charitable Giving Funds, Facebook, etc.
- Works with and supports the external Financial Controller to track and report Dive Operators and other Bonaire, Dutch, EU sourced donations.
- Generates reports for RRFI Network Members as needed.
- Works together with Communications Officer to manage donor communication and engagement
- Assists COO with financial planning and administrative documents for Grant proposals.
- Assists with developing and submitting reporting for active grants: all necessary invoicing, regular data reporting, and audits.
- Operates and maintains the CRM system and database, suggesting any new software as needed.
- Provides information to the external Accounting service to ensure timely invoicing and payments
- Maintains and orders necessary office equipment and supplies.
- Assist COO with orders and shipments of field work material and supplies.
- Maintains merchandise inventory, creates packing lists, sends invoices, makes new orders.
- Keeps track of insurances, required permits, and implements renewals.
- Assists with HR administration, keeping track of staff working hours and contract expiration/renewal, setting up performance review cycles.
- Assists in general office functions, such as organizing and filing documents and digital records.
- Helps organize events and fundraising efforts, and provides ongoing assistance during events.
- MBO degree in administration, finance or proven work experience to this level
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an admin role
- Experience in financial reporting, creating annual budgets and monitoring actual spending is an advantage.
- Knowledge of administrational software
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Hands-on mentality with good collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English both orally and in writing is essential.
Applicants must have a positive working attitude, being self-motivated and reliable, and able to work in an ever changing and rapidly expanding field. Applicants must believe in RRFB’s mission, and share core values and vision
Please email your interest with a single PDF document attached including a cover letter, CV or resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Administrative & Finance Coordinator). Position will be open until filled.