Reef Renewal Foundation Bonaire (RRFB) is an NGO, non-profit organization dedicated to assist the recovery of deteriorated coral reef areas in Bonaire, using active coral restoration as a strategy to preserve and enhance the population of coral species, by:
- Propagating, outplanting and monitoring of genetically diverse corals
- Developing new and innovative ways to carry out reef restoration on larger scales supported by research and collaborations worldwide
- Training, engaging, and inspiring the community locally and internationally through outreach, volunteering, and educational events
RRFB is looking for a Communication & Development Officer (CDO) with a full-time position (40 hours/week) based in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean. The CDO will assist the Chief Operating Officer in developing effective communication, community engagement and media programs, to support and share RRFB actions and raise awareness on the importance of reef conservation and restoration. The Communication and Development Manager will also assist the COO in implementing development efforts to support the organization’s goals, identifying a diversified range of funding sources to ensure long-term income sustainability, and organizing special events.
In this role, the CDO will be responsible of:
- Developing, writing and editing of communications materials, including press releases, blog posts, newsletters, publications, annual reports, and social media content
- Ensuring that all communications and marketing material aligns with RRFB mission and standards
- Maintaining online content and executing social media strategy, developing a schedule optimized for ideal web traffic and engagement
- Ensuring that RRFB’s website is up to date with current work
- Tracking analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of communications campaigns
- Helping the COO to identify funding opportunities and develops new fundraising activities and events
- Participates in organizing fundraising and educational events, webinars, and public presentation
- Maintaining records of incoming donations and being efficient in managing the fundraising and donor database
- Establishing follow up communications with donors, acknowledging donations and create donor impact reports
- Assisting in RRFB’s merchandise stock keeping and sales, and with general administrative tasks
- Minimum bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably in related field (etc. biology, marine ecology, environmental sciences, or similar).
- Proven experience managing fundraising and awareness campaigns, including communications, public relations, managing media and social media channels, preferably for a non-profit
- Excellent in both English writing and speaking is a must. A preference will go to applicants that are also fluent in Dutch or Papiamentu.
- Preferably non-profit fundraising and development experience, and demonstrated ability in securing donation or grants from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other private funding sources
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Ability to communicate with courtesy and effectively with a variety of people, including employees, volunteers, and the public
- Experience working with WordPress, MailChimp, Adobe Photoshop/InDesign, and video editing software
- Demonstrable experience in using analytics to track SEO performance
- Proficient using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and team-building skills; should be able to work independently as well as in a team,
- Ability to be detail oriented and think analytically, creatively and critically
Applicants must have a positive working attitude, being self-motivated and reliable, and able to work in an ever changing and rapidly expanding field. Applicants must believe in RRFB’s mission, and share core values and vision
– Short cover letter that shows your interest to be a part of the RRFB Team
– Resume presenting related experience concisely and directly addressing items in this position description.
The application should be submitted in one combined PDF document via email to firstname.lastname@example.org