We offer an internship designed to introduce individuals to the non-profit sector of marine conservation with a focus on the restoration of tropical coral reef ecosystems. During this internship you will be trained and certified as a coral reef restoration diver and will get fully acquainted with the daily operations of the foundation. The internship lasts 10 weeks and is a full-time volunteer position offering a vast amount of experience in corel reef restoration through participation in our community involvement, daily operations and field work- which includes maintaining our coral nurseries and out planting corals onto the reefs.
For the internship position we seek individuals that are enrolled in either a graduate or undergraduate program, or are recent graduate students. Applicants should have interest in marine or environmental science/policy and share our commitment to the preservation of marine life and biological diversity.
What’s it like to be a RRFB intern? Read their first-hand experience here
- Applicants should be enrolled in an undergraduate program having completed at least two years of study at an accredited college or university, be enrolled in a graduate program, OR be a recent graduate from a college or university.
- Applicants must have an Open Water SCUBA diver certification and at least 30 logged dives.
- Applicants need to be physically fit and able to work in the water and sun and upon selection they must provide a dive medical clearance.
- Applicants need to provide own living expenses (housing, transportation, food), dive gear (excluding tanks), and dive medical insurance.
Interns perform a range of tasks, including:
- Participating in community outreach programs
- Assisting with maintenance in coral nurseries
- Assisting with the outplanting of corals
- Assisting staff in coral reef restoration dive programs
- Assisting staff in leading volunteer activities
- Promoting the Foundation and communicating the achievements
10 weeks (75 days, see internship dates below)
Full-time (40 hours a week)
Intern must provide:
Living cost (housing, food, transportation), dive gear (excluding tanks), and dive medical insurance.
2022 | no available positions
Upcoming Coral Reef Restoration Internships
1st Quarter 2023
Start date: January 16th
End date: March 31st
2nd Quarter 2023
Start date: April 17th
End date: June 30th
3rd Quarter 2023
Start date: July 17th
End date: September 29th
4th Quarter 2023
Start date: October 9th
End date: December 22nd